2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2015 5:22 AM by guardcr

Jive for Office: working simultaneously on documents

guardcr

Hello,

We are currently testing Jive for Office v 3.1. We have experienced some difficulties while collaborating at the same time on a Word document, mainly when editing the same paragraph. We've noticed that some of the changes were lost or ignored when merging or when an update was published. What is the expected behaviour when 2 or more people are collaborating simultaneously on a Word doc? Do you have specific documentation on this? How many people would you recommend to work at the same time?

Regarding Excel, the dashboard shows there are changes to review in specific rows, but how do I know what has been changed in each row?

We use jive 7 hosted on premise.

Thanks a lot in advance for your feedback!

Of interest to Peter Chloupek and Prabhat Agarwal

• Re: Jive for Office: working simultaneously on documents

Hi Christina,

When multiple people are working on the same document, and someone publishes a change, the other users should receive real-time notifications that tells each user that content has changed and allow them to merge their changes. These documents go over it more: for Office and Jive for Office

How many people would you recommend to work at the same time?

Since this notification is happening in real time, there should not be a limit to how many people can edit it at once.

the dashboard shows there are changes to review in specific rows, but how do I know what has been changed in each row?

Are you able to toggle between Other Change and My Change to view the differences in the specific cell?

• Re: Jive for Office: working simultaneously on documents
              guardcr

Hi John,

Thanks a lot for your swift reply and for pointing me to the documentation on this matter.

I could not see the differences in a specific cell, as you mentioned. However, we will do some more tests and I will get back to you if we encounter any problems.

If you happen to have any information on best practices regarding the Office connector, I'd appreciate it if you could share.

Best regards,

Cristina