1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 3, 2015 4:22 PM by jesse.fuller

Restrict authors on documents in a space

If you have a space which has permissions to allow a large group of users to view only, but then use the Advanced Options in Edit mode for a specific document to allow one of those users, let's say John Doe, to edit/author that page (so he has access to edit that one page instead of giving him a user override to edit all docs in the space), shouldn't that person be able to edit?  When I try this, and have the user check, he still cannot edit and when I go into edit mode his name is no longer listed under Restricted Authors.  Maybe there is a limitation on who can be a "restricted author" on a document ?

We are on the latest Jive-n cloud.

• Re: Restrict authors on documents in a space

Hi Julio,

Reviewing through your description I would expect the behavior of the following option:

Screen Shot 2015-09-03 at 4.20.23 PM.png

to allow the specified users edit permissions to that content. However, if you are seeing a different behavior it's possible you are encountering a bug in the Jive-n cloud platform, so would recommend opening up a case in your customer group here in the Jive Community where the next available support engineer can assist in further investigations and associate it with the related bug is needed.