1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 3, 2015 4:22 PM by jesse.fuller

Restrict authors on documents in a space

jverano

If you have a space which has permissions to allow a large group of users to view only, but then use the Advanced Options in Edit mode for a specific document to allow one of those users, let's say John Doe, to edit/author that page (so he has access to edit that one page instead of giving him a user override to edit all docs in the space), shouldn't that person be able to edit?  When I try this, and have the user check, he still cannot edit and when I go into edit mode his name is no longer listed under Restricted Authors.  Maybe there is a limitation on who can be a "restricted author" on a document ?

We are on the latest Jive-n cloud.

• Re: Restrict authors on documents in a space

Hi Julio,

Reviewing through your description I would expect the behavior of the following option:

Screen Shot 2015-09-03 at 4.20.23 PM.png

to allow the specified users edit permissions to that content. However, if you are seeing a different behavior it's possible you are encountering a bug in the Jive-n cloud platform, so would recommend opening up a case in your customer group here in the Jive Community where the next available support engineer can assist in further investigations and associate it with the related bug is needed.

Thanks!