Good catch! I had not seen the Org Chart issue yet. Mine says "There's no one here" which should not be the case. It is working fine in Chrome. I am on IE 10. Anytime I talk with a new employee or new customer, I always recommend to them to use Chrome. I also have it stated on our Jive sites in a few places. Unfortunately, most of our customers still use IE for everything they do so we are constantly running into issues.
Where are you having the follow issue? Is it just on the hover card? Or everywhere?
Jive Support recommended that I turn off IE compatibility mode and that has fixed the org chart issue, an issue with content in the profile not loading, and the not being able to follow people when using IE. I am sure that most of our users won't follow these instructions and will continue to have problems when using IE so will likely get the word out to use Chrome or Firefox when using CONNECT.
To turn off compatibility mode:
- In IE, Open 'F12 Developer Tools' via the Tools menu
- With the Developer Tools open, open the 'Compatibility View Settings' window video the Tools menu
- Via the 'Compatibility View Settings' window, unselect the 'Display intranet sites in Compatibility View' option and click 'Close'
- Close the 'F12 Developer Tools'
- The page should refresh and you should be able to interact with the CONNECT profile without issues
- Once turned off, clear browser cache and log back in.
Thanks Keeley! After reading your original note I actually opened a support case as well and they recommended the same steps to me. Unfortunately, it did not resolve my issues. I will keep working with them. Thank you for sharing your fix with me! You are right, users are not likely to take these steps. We will continue promoting Chrome and Firefox as well.