Thanks for raising this inquiry for creating categorized list of places. Are you able to clarify which version of Jive you're reporting for to help me determine what is available?
We're using a cloud version. Does this help you: Jive SBS 22.214.171.124 9c1.2 ?
I'm sorry for the delay getting back to you, but the version you've provided would be indicate you're on Jive Cloud. If this hasn't already been answered elsewhere, I would recommend perhaps looking at creating a place categories are outlined here:
Managing Place Categories
You can create a list of categories for describing places. These categories can be used as a filter when browsing places.
Fastpath: Admin Console: System > Settings > Place Categories
Place categories provide a useful way for community managers to classify places, so users have an easier time finding them when searching and browsing. These categories are created in the Admin Console, and can then be applied to any place in the Create workflow or by clicking About in the banner while editing a place's settings. The Place categories are different from the categories used to classify content inside places (see Managing Content Categories). Up to 12 categories can be defined in your community.
To manage place categories:
- In the Admin Console, go to System > Settings > Place Categories.
- Create a list of categories by clicking Add a category, typing a category name in the field, and clicking Save.
- If you want to hide a category from users who are creating and editing places, click Hide. Hiding a category also makes it invisible when browsing by category. If you choose to show the category later, it will become visible again in all these locations.
- If you want to delete a category from the list permanently, click Delete.
- When your list of categories is the way you want it, click Save to apply your changes.
Categories are best used for search and filtering, so you might navigate to /places > Add filter and select a category from here. As for creating a list, where do you plan to implement this?