1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 9, 2015 11:49 AM by jeph.yang

I want to use generated HTML in Jive -- is there a way to include graphics without replacing all the img links in the HTML doc?

michelecox

As far as I can tell, Jive expects me to import pictures into Jive and then use whatever Jive creates as the URL for those pictures in my documents.

When I use MadCap Flare to create my HTML, it expects the images to remain in a given relationship to the HTML file, using a given file name and structure.

Unsurprisingly, these are not resulting in identical URLs.

Is there a way to establish a default for a specific group such that images stored in that group have a different file structure and/or folder naming convention than the default?

Secondly, is there a way to upload an entire folder of images, rather than uploading images one. at. a. time. for. so. so. so. many. images.?

Thirdly, are there tiles that will allow me to enter whatever HTML I like, or is that only possible in the widgets on the (one per group ) Overview Page?

Thank you!

• Re: I want to use generated HTML in Jive -- is there a way to include graphics without replacing all the img links in the HTML doc?

Hi Michele,

There are several ways to upload images to be used in the content.  The first and most common is through the rich text editor (RTE).  However, I see you're using an outside application to generate your HTML content.  Please find my answers to your questions below:

1. Is there a way to establish a default for a specific group such that images stored in that group have a different file structure and/or folder naming convention than the default?

Unfortunately, this is not available, so there's no way to change the way images are stored in a particular place (or sitewide).

2. Secondly, is there a way to upload an entire folder of images, rather than uploading images one. at. a. time. for. so. so. so. many. images.?

If you're using a hosted or on-premise environment, you might be able to workaround this by utilizing a theme to upload images in bulk.  This is covered as outlined here:

Adding images to your Jive instance via a custom theme

On a smaller scale, you might use the "Manage Files" button in HTML and Formatted Text widgets to upload static images as outlined in the comments here:

https://community.jivesoftware.com/docs/DOC-108289#comment-2235615

Unfortunately, this is not available for Jive Cloud.

3. Thirdly, are there tiles that will allow me to enter whatever HTML I like, or is that only possible in the widgets on the (one per group  ) Overview Page?

For security and performance, not all HTML will be supported and will be filtered by the macros and filters mentioned.  If you need to add custom HTML, the best place will be via an HTML widget as outlined in the knowledge base document from question 2.

I hope this helps.  Let me know if you had any other questions.

Regards,

Jeph Yang