2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2015 1:52 PM by mark_baum

Want to use API to find all discussions located in user containers

mark_baum

I want to disallow discussions in user containers because this feature confuses people more than anything else.

But I'd like to use the API to identify those users who have discussions in their containers first so that I can warn them -- because when I set the system property to disallow, any existing discussions in user containers will become inaccessible.

However, I can't figure out how to do it.

It seems that content in a user container doesn't have a place, so I can't filter on place.

Additionally, it seems that such content has visibility=all, but visibility isn't permitted as a content filter.

Grrr.... Anyone aware of other options? I can't pull down all the content in our community and parse through it -- way too much data.

Thanks!

Mark

• Re: Want to use API to find all discussions located in user containers
          mark_baum

PS We're in Jive 7 hosted. I'm familiar with both the v2 and v3 APIs.

• Re: Want to use API to find all discussions located in user containers
            mark_baum

Here's my less than elegant solution.

First I decided to pull all content (discussions and documents) created in the past 3 months since anything older than that probably isn't going to be missed.

I tried to use the filter creationDate, but it doesn't work. Tried the exact example as given and many variations, no dice.

creationDateThis filter takes two parameters:
            • before date - Creation date of content must be less than or equal to this date. Use null to specify no restriction.
            • after date - Creation date of content must be greater than or equal to this date. Use null to specify no restriction.
            Use this filter to improve performance and decrease memory footprint when paginating through a large amount of content that can be sorted by creation date. Available since 3.10.
            ?filter=creationDate(2015-04-28T15:16:55Z,2015-04-28T12:16:55Z)

So finally I just sorted by dateCreatedDesc, got the data in pages of 100, and stopped the process once I got 3 months worth of data.

I wish that the REST API documention was more accurate. Would save me a lot of hair-pulling, and I don't have much hair left to pull.