3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2015 7:50 AM by frd49

Get <browse id> from url

frd49

Hey Jive Community

Is it possible to get the browse id from an URL without using the REST API? I want to create a link to open a video directly in the native jive app throu jivecore url scheme. The URL to the video looks something like this: https://aaaa.bbbbb.com/videos/2536 .

Refering to Deep-linking to content in iOS and Android native apps.  I need to have something like jivecore://content/xyz

Any help will be highly appreciated.

• Re: Get <browse id> from url
          Ryan Rutan

Not sure I understand the request/use-case, but will try to answer.

If you know the VIdeo ID, and just need the URL ... then you can use the API and do a /contents?filter=entityDescriptor((1100,VIDEOID)  where 1100 is the ContentType for Video.  This will prevent you from having to arbitrarily get the ContentID so you can call /contents/ID.

From there, the API response has resources.self.ref  or resources.html.ref as needed to resolve the object.

Does that help?

1 person found this helpful
              frd49

Hi Ryan

It helps partially. I think I didn't express myself clearly. Maybe a Use-Case description makes it a bit easier:

1. A (non technical) user uploads a video to jive.

2. He wants to send a link by email or something else to open the video on a mobile device.

3. The video shall be opened in the Jive app and not in the browser.

So I need to do this without using the API because it should be done by a user without any technical background.

frd49

Update:

After playing arround with the API I think I can exactly tell what I need.

I have the video id and need the content id without using the API.