2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2015 8:43 AM by anastasia_t

Changing "Minor edit" default

anastasia_t

Hi Community,

First of all, I would like to link to this discussion that provides some very useful information on this matter: Re: Is it possible to make "Minor edit, don't send notifications" the default?

I am a newbie in community management, and I've got a couple of questions about the checkbox. I have looked this up in the community but haven't managed to find answers:

Q1: Could you please let me know how to change the default of the checkbox, or direct me to some relevant content?

Q2: Is it possible to change this default for individual documents?

Thanking you in advance,

Anastasia

• Re: Changing "Minor edit" default

Hi Anastasia,

Reviewing through the discussion you linked I think you were on the right track in answering your questions. Please find my notes below:

Q1: Could you please let me know how to change the default of the checkbox, or direct me to some relevant content?

From Re: Is it possible to make "Minor edit, don't send notifications" the default?

HIgh level customization info from the developer:

I just hid the existing minor edit checkbox and publish button and added the new Publish and Publish without Modifications buttons, then added some short JavaScript to each of the new buttons that would toggle the hidden checkbox appropriately before forcing a click on the hidden Publish button. That way, Jive doesn't need to know anything changed. As far as it's concerned, I actually clicked the minor edit checkbox and clicked the original Publish button.

Originally, I did it all in the templates for the affects (I don't recall their filenames offhand), but I notice that since then, the JavaScript has been moved.

So, while this is not an option in the out of the box product, you should be able to accomplish this type of modification through a customization to your instance. If you would like assistance developing customizations for your instance I would recommend submitting a case in your customer group here in the Jive Community or reaching out to your Account Manager who can assist in setting up an engagement with our Professional Service's team. They will then be able to work with you to determine the scope of the project and develop a custom feature which meets your use case.

Q2: Is it possible to change this default for individual documents?

This could also be a part of the custom option, however is not one that is available in the default platform.

Thanks!