3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2016 3:04 AM by david.nicholls

Changing i18n by code in Jive 8?

melwong

Is the jive_custom_i18n_en.properties file still supported in Jive 8? We are updating from Jive 7 and the properties file seems to be ignored. We have too many changes to maintain that we prefer not to use the Phrase Substitution tool.

Thanks.

• Re: Changing i18n by code in Jive 8?
          mcollinge

Yup.. still supported in 8, and still in the same folder;

1 person found this helpful
              melwong

Strange. It's still not working for us and we are working off a near-vanilla state. So far, we've added customization related to single sign-on, user accounts, our own content type, our own social group types, and some UI tweaks. How can we troubleshoot for problems or conflicts?

david.nicholls

I have just seen this thread while experiencing the same issue.  This is a core Jive 8 bug that prevents these files being picked up the core bug is raised as JIVE-60641.

As you are clearly using a custom WAR the workaround is to overlay the com.jivesoftware.community.i18n.ResourceBundleLocator.java class in the WAR file and replace this line:

public static List<String> defaultResourceBundleNames = Arrays.asList("jive_setup", "jive_admin", "jive_i18n", "jive_custom_i18n");

With this line:

public static List<String> defaultResourceBundleNames = Arrays.asList("jive_custom_i18n", "jive_setup", "jive_admin", "jive_i18n" );

This solves the issue, probably too late for you but good to have it documented in case it is needed.