2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2015 10:38 AM by thebryceswrite

Who is using the photo module?

tmaurer

I'm going to post a similar question about the events module. We wanted to check and see what the customer experience has been with the photo module. We've had some interest in our internal community, and wondered whether this module would help us meet a perceived need. If you are using this module:

• Is it easy to use? Do your employees get it, or does it need to be taught?
      • Does it get used a lot? Are there specific ways it gets used (use cases)?
      • Does it cause issues when you upgrade from one version to the next (assuming you are on-prem or hosted)?
      • What is the admin experience like, if there is one?
      • Has Jive improved it over time, or has the functionality stayed roughly static?
      • Do you think it is a good value?

If you don't use the photo module but perhaps have another solution, I'd be interested to know about that as well.

• Re: Who is using the photo module?
          deeparamesh

Hi Tracy,

Here is my response

Quite easy to use. We have used it since 2012

Yes, its used quite alot. Photo albums are created to share images from social events, charity events, we also use it for our Global Photo library. Users download photos to use in client presentations. We recently ran a Global Photo competition asking users to share photos representing our company values which was a huge success.

• Does it cause issues when you upgrade from one version to the next (assuming you are on-prem or hosted)?

We are on hosted and we haven't had too many issues. The only issue we had was that we had strange front end keys appearing in activity stream. Jive fixed the issue for us.

However, we will be moving to Cloud next year and apparently Photo Albums are not available in the current cloud version but are on the roadmap. By the time we upgrade, Jive said it would be available

I'll say its pretty straight forward

• Has Jive improved it over time, or has the functionality stayed roughly static?

Pretty static. Some things that would be good if improved in the module

• Can't upload a photo into a photo album using mobile app/mobile. This was one main drawback of the photo album when we launched the photo competition.
          • The search function using a photo album is not great. (An update: There is actually no way to search within a photo album. My colleague created a work around where we use the filter function of a space to help with search. Seems to work ok)
          • Better way of displaying photos - it's ok but still not perfect in terms of the user experience. We would love if it was a little more sophisticated.

Yes as we really do need somewhere to store photos so this works for us. But really wish it was easier to search photos in photo albums.

1 person found this helpful
          • Re: Who is using the photo module?
            thebryceswrite

Tracy, we use it...I'll try to answer some questions for you...and concur with Deepa Ramesh's observations as well.

• They mostly get it and I don't have too many issues with people about it. I think more people with it were easy to upload photos into albums via the mobile experience. But otherwise I've seen people use it quite a bit without asking for any help on how to get there.
              • We mostly see it used around events (conferences, corporate responsibility events, philanthropy, community meetings, etc.)
              • Not typically. Although we are on Jive 7 and there is a bug with how updates to photo albums appear in the Inbox. I'm hoping it's fixed in Jive 8 as we are upgrading shortly. I haven't verified yet if it is or not, however.
              • Not one really. I guess other than a few widgets available for group owners to include on their group pages for "latest pics" or "featured pic" type stuff.
              • Other than some bulk import improvements, it's remained fairly static since we started using it in the 2011 - 2012 timeframe.
              • Yes, it's been valuable for us, particularly like I mentioned for helping share pictures from large events, do bulk upload of event pictures, etc. Of course I always think things could be better, but it's worked fairly well for us.

thanks! Open to more specific questions if you have them.

1 person found this helpful