3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2015 8:35 AM by christy.schoon

How do users "favorite" their top groups with the fewest number of clicks?

babate

We used to use the "MyLinks" editable drop down from the top main nav bar. It was a widget that Ryan Rutan had created.

Unfortunately now that we upgraded to Jive 8- that plugin is no longer supported. Now people are having a hard time getting to their groups.

Any recommendations? I know there's the "your view", but that is buried in the inbox- so people have to click on the inbox, and then click on your view and then find their places.

With the plug in, they could just click on the drop down menu and go straight to the place.

thanks for your input

• Re: How do users "favorite" their top groups with the fewest number of clicks?
          christy.schoon

Hi Bianca,

You could use the OOTB drop down link from the avatar that takes people to the places they are following:

Your_places.png

I understand, especially for your organization, that may not be as obvious as the old link.

Your other option would be to add a link in the global nav called something like "My Stuff" that has a drop down link for My Places (linking to this URL, for Swedish of course).   https://community.jivesoftware.com/places .  That link will always show the end-user a list of places she is following.  Another link I sometimes put in a drop down under something like "My Stuff" is a link to My Bookmarks.  Again, people can get to their bookmarks from search, but they don't always figure it out.  This just makes it more obvious.

• Re: How do users "favorite" their top groups with the fewest number of clicks?
              tburak

Hi Christy - this looks good - and solves the issue of how people get to the groups they are following, or members of, or groups that they own.

We have a lot of feedback from users saying they just wish to  'bookmark' spaces / groups  (like they do with content) that they wish to review from time to time.  They don't want to be members, or follow.

Similar to the way 'Favourites' work in an internet browser  (but within Jive)

Any suggestions?

christy.schoon

Hi Tanya, IMO the best bet for "bookmarking" places is by using Your View (v8 or Cloud).  Users can use the Key Content and Places tile to add the places they frequent the most.  If enabled, Your View is accessible by clicking on your Inbox notification in the global nav.  If it's not enabled and you'd like to enable it, you can do so in the Admin console under System> Settings > Your View.  (And if it's not obvious enough to end-users to get their from their Inbox notification, you could always add it to that My Stuff drop down I mentioned to Bianca.)

your_view.png