6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2015 11:01 AM by gordon_sorensen

Ideas widget by Stage

lwburke

I'm trying to figure out how to configure a widget for a space overview page that will group ideas by their stage.  We use the Category widget to see how many ideas we have by product and we use the Top Ideas and Recent Ideas widget, but our community would like to see how many Ideas have been implemented or are on the roadmap, etc.  Plus it would be a quick and easy way for our users to go in and see what ideas are coming down the pipe.

Has anyone configured something like this and if so how?

• Re: Ideas widget by Stage
          gordon_sorensen

Yep. just put it in place about a week ago. I can probably share the the javascript if you would like. Would prefer a separate email, tho.

1 person found this helpful
              historian

I would love to see this too.

lwburke

gordon_sorensen - I just followed you so we can connect and I can send you message with my email address as I would love to know how you did it.

Thanks,

Leigh

gordon_sorensen

Thanks, Leigh. Actually, the more I thought about it, I will just put a couple of samples in the discussion and explain how it was done. It is pretty straightforward. It will likely be later today or tomorrow morning, I have to be head’s down on a couple things today.

historian

Thanks Gordon

I think that posting the code will allow us to extend it and create other things like it.

gordon_sorensen

oops...forgot to do this last night. While I would like to take credit for this, it was thru the 'digital craftsmanship' of one of my colleagues, so credit to him -- ronanfeely.

A little background for context and it will help in my description below: We are just finishing up migrating from our legacy ideas site on BrightIdea into Jive Ideation. We have been on Jive with our comms for over 7 years, and it made sense for many reasons to integrate the 2 on Jive. Our ideas sites are also set up as a parent community with about 8 sub-comms, each representing an ideas space for a separate group of products. The ideas spaces have 7 stages: Received; Under Consideration; Planned, Not Scheduled; Planned; Implemented; Out of Scope; Archive.

In one of our product ideas sub-spaces, I select Content>Ideas which brings me to a page where I can filter ideas by stage.  I can filter by any stage; in this example I filter by Received. When I do that, I am brought to the below url:

MY SUB_SPACE URL/content?filterID=contentstatus%5Bpublished%5D~objecttype~objecttype%5Bidea%5D~ideaStage%5B1%5D. The stage # is what you need from this url.

Then apply this script in an html widget for each stage, using that stage's appropriate # found in the url when you have filtered the ideas by that stage:

<a href="YOUR COMMUNITY URL?filterID=contentstatus[published]~objecttype~objecttype[idea]~ideaStage[5]">Received</a>

In the url structure, be sure and include it up thru the "/content" since that is the filtered page you are on. For example:

<a href="https://OUR MAIN DOMAIN/community/ideas/PRODUCT NAME-ideas/content?filterID=contentstatus[published]~objecttype~objecttype[idea]~ideaStage[1]">Received</a>

https://OUR MAIN DOMAIN/community/ideas = represents our ideas parent level

/PRODUCT NAME-ideas = represents the product ideas sub-space

/content = represents the Content tab I selected

Your url structure will differ but be similar. You probably get the idea.

So when all these are strung together with the above line of script, one for each stage and separated with a break tag, our widget looks like this:

ideas stages.JPG

Let me know if questions.