4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2015 7:14 AM by jeph.yang

Deactivate cloud messages

Sandra Brueckner

Hello,

today I got this message when I opened Jive:

Is it possible to deactivate these kind of messages?

Many thanks for your answers,

Sandra

• Re: Deactivate cloud messages

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for inquiry about the company contacts pop-up messaging.  This message should only be visible to admin users.  I don't see an immediate way to turn this off, but I've reached out to my team and will update you once I've confirmed if this may be disabled.

Regards,

Jeph Yang

Hi Sandra,

It looks like this cannot be disabled and is used for critical announcements around scheduled maintenance (e.g. cloud upgrades) or emergency contact information, which needs to be reviewed periodically and updated.  Only admin users will see this on time pop-up message.

Let me know if you had any other questions on this.

Regards,

Jeph Yang

Sandra Brueckner

Hello Jeph,

many thanks for your reply.

I see the point that it is for important messages. My customer was just wondering because he saw the $20 gift card information first and thought it was an advertisment from Jive.

Best,

Sandra

Hi Sandra,

I agree.  I mentioned this internally to my team as well, since that throws users off thinking it's some form of marketing.  However it is most definitely coming from Jive Customer Support and our Hosting Ops team, as we need current support contact information for maintenance and outage notifications, etc.  We've had a number of administrative contacts miss out on the 2015.3 upgrade notifications as a result of incompletely, missing, or outdated contact information.

Regards,

Jeph Yang