1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 27, 2015 2:40 PM by jeph.yang

Download Numbers

ajianto

Is there any way  to see if how many times a document has been downloaded and also by who?

Thanks!

• Re: Download Numbers

Hi April,

I understand you're looking to quantify or otherwise report on how many times a document (attachment) has been downloaded.  At the moment, I'm not aware of any out of box reporting in the front end UI that will do this.  However, you may be able to report on this utilizing analytics.  For on-premise environments, you may refer to activity type 320 as listed here:

Analytics DB Data Model

For Hosted environments where you don't have Cloud Analytics enabled, you may want to consider obtaining a database dump in order to query the analytics database for the same data set.  To get started, please submit a support case requesting a database dump in your private Jive Community customer group.

For Hosted or Jive Cloud environments utilizing Cloud Analytics, you might utilize the action "activity_download_document" or "activity_downloadattachment_document" as explained in:

Using the V2 Jive Data Export Service (Analytics)

Please be aware that in all cases mentioned above, this requires some development work and is outside the scope of Jive Customer Support.  I would encourage posting questions to the Jive Developers space if needed.

Let me know if you had any other questions on this.

Regards,

Jeph Yang

1 person found this helpful