10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2016 10:02 AM by radelgado

Are any of you using place pages?

lorilea

We're planning an upgrade for January and I'm putting together viewpoints and use cases for the new features we'll be adding. I'm struggling a bit with place pages. I see the potential for our HR team, for example. But I'd really like to be able to give my planning team some other ideas. We're trying to determine if we even want to communicate about this. I was a bit surprised to browse through the JC and see that Jive doesn't seem to be implementing this feature here. It makes me wonder if there's enough value in pages for us to put an emphasis on it.

What about you? Are you taking advantage of the pages? Do you find the feature useful? I'd love to hear how others are implementing this feature.

• Re: Are any of you using place pages?
          KirstenL

The more examples I've seen of pages within my community, the more I like them.

Use cases

• Regions - Perhaps the marketing team has information specific to Americas vs Asia vs Europe, etc.or Soccer enthusiasts want to band together in one networking site but share information about local events
          • Static vs Dynamic - hide the static data on a secondary page, letting the main page be automated
          • Department breakdown - Dynamic updates + Who we are + What we do + How to interact with us
          • Training Program components - Phase 1 + Phase 2 + Phase 3 or Topic 1/2/3, etc.

Happy to brainstorm more if you'd like!

4 people found this helpful
            rich.blank

Benefit of pages is that you can create more than 1 or more pages (beyond the single "overview" pages) and show each page as "tabs" in the Place.  Pages also have responsive design support.    Latest cloud release does offer more options for tiles as Kirsten mentioned.  

2 people found this helpful
              triplettt

We use Jive as our intranet and are a hosted customer (not cloud).  We set everything up in v6 and v7 using overview/widget. 

We upgraded to v8 about two months ago.  We did not widely communicate Place Pages at the time of upgrade, but we are working with our champions and a few of our space owners to redesign their spaces using pages/tiles.  Some of their use cases are fitting with tiles, but since some of the widget capabilities are not yet available in tiles, other use cases are not yet fitting in pages.  Some examples of missing capability are HTML, Gamification, Events and Ideas.  This is holding us back from converting some of our most visible spaces.

The first of our redesigned spaces will be rolling out in a couple of weeks, so I expect other space and group owners will notice and start asking.  At that point our team and our champions will be well prepared to help others understand the change and convert their spaces/groups.

1 person found this helpful
                tmaurer

We are starting to put them into place now that we are on Jive 8, and I really like them. The tile set isn't as robust as I'd like, but getting there, and it is nice that I can have one page for my users and a separate page for me (for example, in our Help space, I have an admin page that shows active users and unanswered questions so that we can keep track of what we still need to catch up on).

And they look so nice on mobile!! The best way to see that is the mobile responsive version (using a browser) instead of the app. Very pretty. 

2 people found this helpful
                  tmaurer

Somewhat related conversation going on here, Activity page view on mobile is only the Activity widget?

radelgado

I am still working on the hosted Jive instance for our agency, we are set to do a pilot launch in about a month. I had the job to create the architecture as well as content management and i found it easy to set up places, with categories within to hold documents. that way we can have the department heads become the space admins, so they can control their own little areas on the intranet, while still asking for help from the community managers via a "space admin" group.

It may be because i am still using a school mindset, but working the places into an outline version of itself made it easier for me to visualize exactly how i was going to organize everything.

My biggest concern is that we are moving away from a static SharePoint site to the new dynamics of Jive.