4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2015 11:03 AM by jeph.yang

Profile Banner

trevormerriden

I am trying to create a custom banner image for my profile. Is there a specific size I can make it so it will fit?

When trying to do this manually I have tried lots of different sizes yet it always forces me to "crop" the edges and it doesn't fit the entire banner.

• Re: Profile Banner

Hi Trevor,

I understand you're looking for the optimal banner image resolution.  Based on what I can see, I believe 1200px X 265px will work the best.  Feel free to test this out and let me know if you run into any further issues.

Regards,

Jeph Yang

j94305

I am having the same problem. No matter what size I upload, Jive wants to crop it. Finally, I end up with a banner that covers only about 50% of the grey space where the profile banner is displayed.

What magic is needed to upload different size banners?

Cheers,

--Jürgen

[EDIT: The same happens in this forum. Check out my profile picture.]

1 person found this helpful
                trevormerriden

Hi Jeph,

I tried your recommended size and it didn't work. It still forces a cropping / resize to make it 'square' like it would be for a profile picture but the box it is intended to go in is not that that shape!

2.PNG

3.PNG

Hi Trevor,

I apologize for the confusion, but the guidance I provided was for custom place banners.  I misunderstood your question.  I see from the screenshot you're actually referring to the profile photo slideshow gallery.  I also understand you're using Jive-n Cloud on 2015.3.5 release.

In this version I'm seeing that this zooms in and scales based on your screen resolution, with a maximum field of 675px x 294px.  Since this is actually a zooming function (not actual scaling to fit), the resulting photo will be automatically cropped to fit the rendered field. The image will scale and become smaller if you resize the window or lower screen resolutions, with a minimum width of 464px x 294px.  Unfortunately, this isn't configurable and there's no way to make it display the full photo that you upload.  The issue here is that the crop tool has one aspect ratio while the profile photo slideshow gallery uses another.

Since the crop aspect ratio is different than the rendered gallery, I don't see that there's a way to make the uploaded photo fit perfectly in the slideshow gallery.  My recommendation would be to make sure the cropped area of a photo contains everything you want to display in the gallery since only the top left most will be visible, with up to the 675px x 294px max visible.

If this is an important feature you'd like to see in the future, I would encourage posting a feature request idea to Ideas for Jive to help capture your feedback for our Products Team. Let me know if you had any other questions in the meantime.

Regards,

Jeph Yang