5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2015 7:35 AM by rfaltesek Branched from an earlier case.

Are any known issues with running the J4O plugin with Office 2016?

rfaltesek

I already had the Jive for Office plug-in installed, installed Office 2016, and it appears to function OK (open via plug-in, publish, jump to document in Jive from plug-in pane). So it looks like you just can't install it, but it works if already installed. A workaround therefore is to install it with Office 2013 installed, uninstall Office 2013, install Office 2016.

Are there any known issues with running J4O in Office 2016?

• Re: Are any known issues with running in 2016?

Hi Roy,

Since Office 2016 isn't officially supported yet, we don't generally test against it nor have data on this at the moment.  We're expecting to have more details to share on this is released in the early to middle half of 2016.  I would recommend following Jive for Office for updates on this.

Regards,

Jeph Yang

rfaltesek

I marked your answer as Correct, since I suppose you answered my question by saying you have not tested and implying there are no "known" issues. Although, of course, we know the plug-in won't install with Office 2016.

I understand Jive not supporting Office 2016 yet, but it does seem prudent to do some amount of testing to forewarn users of problems. Fixing all that is found and releasing an update to "support" Office 2016 would of course take longer, perhaps much longer, which is understandable. Since Office 2016 is released and already available to Office 365 users, it is in Jive's best interest to document known issues. As I reported above, I did cursory testing and discovered that the plug-in seemed to function OK if it was installed with Office 2013, Office 2013 was then uninstalled and Office 2016 was installed. That alone is more helpful to users than simply saying "it won't install, it's not supported, we'll have an update out early to middle of 2016". Nust "food for thought", no need for additional response.

vincentlau

Hi Roy,

I also found that the workaround you mentioned works for Office 2016. However recently the Jive sidebar for powerpoint simply disappeared. I don't know why but it might be caused by office update? My office version is 16.0.6366.2036. Do you have the same issue.

BTW Jive sidebar for excel still works fine. Don't know why....

rfaltesek

The dashboard selection is disabled in my PowerPoint and Excel, but available and works in Word. I don't use the dashboard so hadn't thought to check it with 2016; I feel like it takes up too much space and I rarely want to see the information presented there. Ordinarily I'd say uninstall/install the plugin, but since it won't install with Office 2016, that's not an option. Perhaps Jive will have an update that supports 2016 soon.

If you really need to get it working, you could try reverting to 2013, install J4O, then install Office 2016 again. Could be a lot of work and you end up still broke.

Good luck!