2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2015 6:11 AM by rose89

Not able to change group of an user

rose89

Hi all,

since some days, I am not able anymore to add new users to a user group. I follow the steps to create a user -> this is sucessfull and the user gets an e-mail and can log in.

The problem is, that if I go to the admin console to "User Search", the user is not visible in the view. I just find him by searching by the whole e-mail adress. Additionally, I cannot grant him access to one of the "User groups" we have.

Do you have any idea,what the problem is?

Best,

Michael

• Re: Not able to change group of an user

Hi Michael,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced while searching for the user and adding him to a user group.  If the issue around adding him in to the user group is also because you're unable to search for him, then I'd recommend performing a user search index rebuild under System > Settings > Search > User Search > Index Tasks.  This may take some minutes to some hours, depending on how many users you have, so I would suggest doing this off peak hours.

If the issue persists, please submit a support case in your private Jive Community customer group for direct troubleshooting assistance.

Regards,

Jeph Yang