3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2015 9:26 AM by Billy Volpone

Bridging External Communities

tamerajr

HI fellow Jivers!

I am curious if anyone has had experience bridging communities?  Can you bridge communities that may be running two different versions of Jive?

Thanks!

• Re: Bridging External Communities
          Billy Volpone

Hi Tamera... in hopes of helping get to the bottom of this question, maybe you might be able to clarify how you're looking to bridge these networks. Meaning, are you looking to seamlessly/automatically pass info between the two or simply have parts of one show up in another for quick linking, etc?

tamerajr

Hi Billy Volpone It's more for quick linking and allowing users to go between the two communities.  We currently have a separate support community and we are looking at opening up a customer community.  We also have a developer community. I am curious as to how we can provide a path for our users to get the the community that will give them what they need.  Thanks!

Billy Volpone

Ah, perfect, thanks for the detail. So, while not fully knowing the details of the current or future deployments, but gut reaction from a strategy perspective would be not to launch separate communities. I would definitely recommend a single touch point with multiple sub-communities to push users into their key areas while keeping everyone under one roof. We do this ourselves on the JC here with our customer sections for best practices (like this very space), support groups for more direct technical access, partner enablement that's permissioned separately, and dedicated developer areas, like here:

Developer

EMC is another great example of customers, products, partners, and developers all under a single, organized community: https://community.emc.com/welcome

1 person found this helpful