2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2015 6:21 PM by gregor.scott

Was there a specific reason there is no event for Joining a Place

gregor.scott

Using the new default Rewards system in a Jive Cloud instance, I was looking to setup some quests to help drive new(er) user adoption by guiding them to join specific places.

The closest event appears to be Follow a place, which is close but does not quite achieve the end-user outcome.

I don't think that the absence of any event for joining places is a mere oversight given how comprehensive the new default Rewards system is (it is a significant step UP from the previous default system).

So I am hoping to better understand the thinking behind leaving the event of Join a Place out of the system.

• Re: Was there a specific reason there is no event for Joining a Place

Hi Gregor,

Join fires a follow even, so the  was mostly done to capture the widest net possible.  Is the concern that people will join, follow, then leave the group?

In theory someone who joins will also be following and the real goal is to get people to follow activity.

-Curtis

1 person found this helpful
            • Re: Was there a specific reason there is no event for Joining a Place
              gregor.scott

Thanks for the response, Curtis. I can understand the desire to have the net as wide as possible.

I am not so much concerned about the Join-Leave action (I'd be impressed if we got to the point of gamification becoming a key driver of usage, and our staff then thinking that is a valuable effort).

I am much more interested in setting up the Rewards to lead people towards interacting the right way with the appropriate places. A number of our groups are Member-based, so there is a difference between just Following and Joining the group. I am looking for ways to lead our people towards getting involved in the conversations instead of listening from the sidelines, and a Join action would make a big difference to that end.