9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2015 1:27 PM by bdozier

Jive vs tibbr

Libby Taylor

I am looking for content that might still live here : https://community.jivesoftware.com/thread/261807

I'm gearing up for a possible gap analysis between the two, and this is my homework. 

• Re: Jive vs tibbr
          Libby Taylor

It mentioned a doc that is in the archive area of our partner space. Since that's not content that I control, let me point you to ashley.norton who controls that space and hopefully can help you.

fantastic! another question for you! are you aware of a standard "feature/functions list" for jive-n? Not the top 5-10 for the latest release (which I can find easily), but something that would be used as part of sales efforts?

tom.fritts

Libby Taylor

Hmmm, let me ask my buddy Christy Schoon to see if she is aware of anything.

I've created a list which is really focused on the business value of some very specific (and complex) processes we support in our jive-n instance, so it's possible the F/F list wont be necessary. This will be a better approach, especially my being able to tie between jive-n and our jive-x instances.  But anything Christy Schoon might have to share, well, I'd gobble up fo sho.  

christy.schoon

I love your approach, Becky.  I haven't put my hands on a full-blown feature / function list since my sales days which are about 10 years behind me now so unfortunately I couldn't help you with that piece if I wanted to although I could get your account rep involved.  Every once in a while our sales team does need to compare and contrast feature / function in a pre-sales RFP type of situation but we always try to push the conversation toward the business needs.  I.e. "what are you solving for?" rather than, yes, we have threaded discussions.  Sometimes a vendor may have a more elegant solution for a business need than the technical capability that the RFP author has though about.

If it would be helpful for us to put together a list of solutions (made up of technical capabilities and processes) to match your specific business needs that drive value, please do let us know.

Do you remember that you were the very first customer I visited when I started at Jive almost 3 years ago?  I drove up from Denver in the middle of a huge snow storm.  I will always have fond memories.  (Well, maybe not the storm but of Schneider for sure!)

Becky Dozier - I will message you with the content, which may also be found here in partner home- Tibbr Competitive Overview   however you may not have access to this space.

Thank you,

Ashley