4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2015 8:03 AM by jesse.fuller

What is the exact Configuration for Auto Archive Diskussions?

jmirbach-mms

Hi there,

we are using Jive x, Version 8, and we are somewhat insecure how to configure auto archive threats.

1. General configuration

Here, Auto-Archive Threads Question

it is said, that auto archive needs to be set for the whole community and for the places.

In Core Help , the configuration refers to a single space.

What is the correct way to configure the feature?

2. What is meant by inactive?

We assume, that any activity, even a view, is an activity that prevents to auto archive feature to take effect. Is the assumption correct?

Best regards

Jürgen

• Re: What is the exact Configuration for Auto Archive Diskussions?

Hi Jürgen,

For more information on the "auto-archiving" feature you might find the Archiving Discussion Threads helpful. Additionally, I would recommend running through this in your UAT/DEV instance if you are unsure how it will impact your specific instance.

That being said, here is the expected behavior.

1. Enable it at the root space (Admin Console: Spaces > Settings > Thread Archive Settings)

Screen Shot 2015-11-17 at 1.31.45 PM.png

2. Configure it for the specific space/s you are wanting the task to run in

Screen Shot 2015-11-17 at 1.31.28 PM.png

2. What is meant by inactive?

We assume, that any activity, even a view, is an activity that prevents to auto archive feature to take effect. Is the assumption correct?

Activities such as bookmarking, commenting or liking will prevent a thread from becoming archived, however viewing it will not prevent the task from running.

Thanks!

1 person found this helpful
              jmirbach-mms

Hi Jesse Fuller,

thank you so much for the comprehensive explanations and clarification! We'll set it like you described. May we come back to you, if there are questions regarding fine-tuning?

Cheers

Jürgen

jmirbach-mms

Hi Jesse Fuller,

one spontanuous question: does the archiving job produce a log and if yes, how can we look at it?

Automatic Job works, very fine. Another thing: After starting the job manually the date and time of "Last archive time" does not update. Does it only not update or is manual start not possible?

Best regards

Jürgen

Hi Jürgen,

thank you so much for the comprehensive explanations and clarification! We'll set it like you described. May we come back to you, if there are questions regarding fine-tuning?

No problem, glad I could help. Due to the way public discussions are tracked internally, I would recommend opening up a new discussion if additional questions arise, this way, if I am out of the office, another member of the support team will be alerted and can post back a response.

one spontanuous question: does the archiving job produce a log and if yes, how can we look at it?

Reviewing through my test instance, there is not a log of the archival job.

Automatic Job works, very fine. Another thing: After starting the job manually the date and time of "Last archive time" does not update. Does it only not update or is manual start not possible?

I would suggest submitting a case in your customer group here in the Jive Community so that a support engineer can confirm/test the behavior, as this might be a bug in the product.

Thanks,

Jesse