1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 25, 2015 7:45 AM by jeph.yang

I would like to merge two spaces on one space.

laurios

Both spaces have more than 1,000 documents, how will the merge of both spaces  modify any of the spaces? Can I have a backup of the information? Is it possible to reestablish  the modification? Also if you have any suggestions of when do you suggest me  time to do this merge I will appreciate  it.

• Re: I would like to merge two spaces on one space.

Hi Laura,

For space merging, please refer to the instructions highlighted here:

https://docs.jivesoftware.com/cloud_int/comm_mgr/jive.help.core/#admin/MergingSpaces.html

When you merge a space containing 1,000 documents, this may take some time to process, but other than that you shouldn't need anything special to get started.  Just follow the instructions and while it's processing, you'll see a screen like this:

Screen Shot 2015-11-25 at 7.38.53 AM.png

Once the merge is completed, the destination space (Heroes of Jive, in my example) will house all the old content. The author, creation date, and modification date details do not get modified.

If you want to experiment first, I would recommend creating some test content in two test spaces and see how the process works.  Let me know if you have any other questions after you've tested this out.

Regards,

Jeph Yang

2 people found this helpful