1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 2, 2015 7:44 AM by jeph.yang

How do I continue numbering in an ordered list when inserting an image in the list?

kim.smith

Even if I remove the extra <ol> & </ol> tags that are inserted, it still restarts the numbering. See example below:

Each Transaction Analytics user requires a license. Before beginning setup of Transaction Analytics, contact GSC to activate a Platform Analytics Viewer license and set up the Dashboard. After license and Dashboard activation, complete the following steps to set up DSI Transaction Analytics in your Platform installation:

1. After license activation, in Admin > Licensing, click Update License.

1. Select a user who will be given access to view the Analytics Dashboard. Then access the role page by selecting Admin > Roles.

1. Select Edit on the Role. Then select the Members tab.
      2. Your viewer licenses will appear on this page. The number of licenses available will determine how many viewer users you can assign to the role.
        • Re: How do I continue numbering in an ordered list when inserting an image in the list?

Hi Kim,

I'm sorry to hear about the numbering list issue you're seeing.  I'm not sure which version of Jive you're on, but when I create a list, I've always used Shift+Return (Enter) before inserting an image and then a normal carriage return at the end of the image to resume the number. I delete any excess lines when they're present to restart/adjust the numbering.  For example, here's your same data (using copy and paste without formatting) being edited in the Jive Community:

numbered_list_existing_data.gif

And here's an example from scratch:

numbered_list_from_scratch.gif

After the image, are you doing a carriage return?  And are you creating the list from scratch, or are you editing existing data (first screencap)?

Regards,

Jeph Yang