2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2016 8:29 AM by marysbutler

How do I add a hyperlink to my company logo?

jkurutz

Hi all,

How does one add a hyperlink to the logo in the upper-left of the reduced-header theme? We are interested in putting the company logo there and giving it a link back to the main company site (no the community home), leaving the "Home" tab as the way people should navigate back to the community home.

Is this possible? I don't see a way to manage it in th out-of-the-box theme tool.

Is it a bad idea? If so, how esle would be provide an obvious link back to our company site?

Thanks. - Josh

• Re: How do I add a hyperlink to my company logo?

Hi Josh,

Is this possible? I don't see a way to manage it in th out-of-the-box theme tool.

While this is not an OOTB option for the "reduced header" theme in the Jive offering, if you are interested in adding a custom link to your instance's header the "custom header" might be an option for you:

Screen Shot 2015-12-02 at 7.35.26 AM.png

Additionally, I would suggest reaching out to the Jive Developers community here in the Jive Community, where you can collaborate with other developers on potential customization options for your instance.

Is it a bad idea? If so, how else would be provide an obvious link back to our company site?

In addition to the "custom header" option, others include providing a link to your company's site via a navbar link or possibly a widget/tile on your homepage.

Thanks!

• Re: How do I add a hyperlink to my company logo?
            marysbutler

Hi Josh Kurutz,

Re: Your question from December 2015, "How does one add a hyperlink to the logo in the upper-left of the reduced-header theme?" my company is looking to do something similar; however, we are hoping to link the logo to the community homepage.

Were you/your team able to successfully modify the "custom header," as Jesse Fuller suggested in his response? If not, were you able to do so using another method?

Thanks in advance for any information you can share.

Mary

(cc: Patty McEnaney)