3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2015 1:09 AM by giovannacarloni

How to edit what appears in the newsfeed of external users?

giovannacarloni

External users are pretty important for our community and I would like to provide them with a nice experience when accessing their account. Therefore, I would like for instance to include in their newsfeed a Hero Image linking to the external group they were invited to, given that the newsfeed is the first thing they see when they access the account. It would also be nice to include widgets for them linking to relevant content of the group.

• Re: How to edit what appears in the newsfeed of external users?

Hi Giovanna,

I understand you're looking for a way to customize and add a Hero Image or widgets linking external users to their member groups.  I'm not aware of a way to do this at the moment, so I'll research this and check with my team to see if this is feasible/ I'll let you know what I'm able to determine.

Regards,

Jeph Yang

• Re: How to edit what appears in the newsfeed of external users?

Hi Giovanna,

After reviewing this with my team, I don't see that you'll be able to designate a separate Hero tile or widget specific to external users only.  When editing the News settings (navigating to jiveURL/edit-news.jspa) the tiles and widgets you assign will be visible to all users.  Unfortunately, I don't see that there is no separate external user configuration.

If this is an important functionality you'd like to see added, please submit a feature request idea in the Ideas for Jive space to help capture your use case and details for our Product Team to review for consideration.

Let me know if you had any other questions on this.

Regards,

Jeph Yang