1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 8, 2015 9:47 AM by jesse.fuller

Externally accessible groups - moving from hosted to cloud

ReeceO

Hi,

We are planning to roll out Externally Accessible Groups in Jive 7.0.2 hosted. Early next year we are planning to move to Jive cloud.

As far as I can tell, the externally accessible groups feature looks pretty much the same in cloud, including the settings in the admin console. However, we don't want to set up groups now if things may become broken during migration.

Are we likely to run into any issues with Externally Accessible Groups when migrating from Jive hosted to Jive cloud? e.g. losing groups external status, or losing external contributors due to settings.

Thanks,

Ollie

• Re: Externally accessible groups - moving from hosted to cloud

Hi Ollie,

As far as I can tell, the externally accessible groups feature looks pretty much the same in cloud, including the settings in the admin console.

You are correct that this feature should be the same in both Jive and Jive Cloud.

Are we likely to run into any issues with Externally Accessible Groups when migrating from Jive hosted to Jive cloud? e.g. losing groups external status, or losing external contributors due to settings.

I have not seen commonly reported issues with externally accessible groups in a hosted -> cloud migration, so I would guess that the likelihood is relatively low.

Thanks!

1 person found this helpful