3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2015 9:29 AM by jeph.yang

Custom badges not getting assigned

anastasia_t

Hi Team,

I have just started using the Rewards feature of the cloud version of your software.

I have created a custom quest that involves the following events:

Posting a status update to a certain group

Completing an activity outside the Jive community (custom task) and then ticking Mark Complete

Reward tasks.JPG

One of my colleagues ticked the box and then posted the status update but when she went back the box was un-ticked.

Having already posted the status update, that event remained ticked. So she marked the second event as complete.

Unfortunately she hasn't gotten the badge or the points for it yet.

Does she need to log out of the site and log back in to have her points and badge assigned?

coffe cup quest.JPG

Thank you for your help.

All the best,

Anastasia

• Re: Custom badges not getting assigned

Hi Anastasia,

I'm sorry to hear that your custom quest isn't awarding.  Looking at your configuration, I see that this was a custom event you created. I went through the scenario and was able to reproduce the issue, so I believe this is a bug.  It doesn't matter what order you go through.

I'm checking with my team now to identify if this is a known bug or a new bug and will keep you posted.

Regards,

Jeph Yang

anastasia_t

Hi Jeph,

Yeah, it is a custom event. I have attached a picture of what the set up looks like in my Awards console. I hope this helps:

custom event.JPG

Hi Anastasia,

I've confirmed this is a bug regression and have filed JIRA bug PBOX-1300 to report this for resolution.  If you'd like to track this and receive notification when the bug is fixed, please submit a support case in your Jive Community private customer group and feel free to @mention me, and I'll link the case for you for tracking.

Unfortunately, there are no workarounds at the moment, so I would recommend against using this for quests in the meantime.

Let me know if you need anything else with this.

Regards,

Jeph Yang