3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2015 9:18 AM by jeph.yang

Blogs not in chronological order

jon.magnin

We recently switched our News Archive from Overview to an Activity page. However, now our blogs don't show up in chronological order.

Any way to fix this?

• Re: Blogs not in chronological order

Hi Jon,

Thanks for reporting the issue with your blog ordering and I'm sorry to see that this is happening to you after the switch.  Are you seeing this in a specific tile or widget, or are you seeing this on a blog page?  If you're able to provide one, a screenshot would be helpful.

Regards,

Jeph Yang

jon.magnin

Hi Jeph -

So we didn't set up the tile for this. We just switched to an Activity page from an Overview page. On the original Overview page, this content was being pulled into the "Recent Blog Posts" widget.

Here is a screenshot. As you can see, the second post is from two weeks ago. However, it did have someone comment today on it. Could that be why?

Hi Jon,

Thanks for sharing the screenshot.  This helps to clarify a lot.

What you're seeing is the "Recent Activities" feed.  This is sorted based on the most recent activity, not the publish date of the original content.  So for example, if an old blog post receives a comment on it moments ago, this will cause that item to float to the top of the list.  Does this make sense?

It sounds like you may have been using the "Recent Content" widget on the Overview Page before, which is sorted based on the publication date of the content.  Unfortunately, these are two different sorting mechanisms and cannot be combined nor configured for this feed.

I hope this helps.  Let me now if you had any other questions on this.

Regards,

Jeph Yang