3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2016 9:35 AM by moesingh

migration of plugin for jive 8

feng

Hello, i have created a plugin for jive6 and now i installed it at jive8. No problem was produced during the deployment but when i naviguate to the presentation page of espace, jive8 returned error code 403 for a request struts ".../resources.jspa". Anyone can tell me what happened? Thank you.

• Re: migration of plugin for jive 8

Hi Lanse,

For assistance with customization inquiries I would suggest reaching out to the Jive Developers space here in the Jive Community where you can collaborate with other developers on potential customizations you are interested in.

Additionally, if you would like help developing and troubleshooting customizations our Professional Service's team can work with you to determine the scope of the project and assist in developing or troubleshooting custom plugins for your instance. If you are interested in this option please submit a case in your secret customer group here in the Jive Community and the next available support engineer can get an engagement started for you.

Thanks!

moesingh

check the logs, the jspa might have failed (the class behind it)

i had a lot of struts related errors!  i couldn't just throw in the jars.  i made a new jive8 project, moved my code in, etc.. but then i found the following out:  all i had to do is just modify the pom.xml and the src/main/assembly/assembly-plugin.xml for a Jive 8 plugin (i still had to make a plugin for jive8, but then just had to move the pom.xml and the assembly-plugin.xml to the old project while making sure it made sense e.g. changing the project name, author, description, any dependencies, etc....)

good luck, but i'm pretty sure once you do what i said above, it'll work.

moesingh

Did you try doing "mvn -U jive:upgrade"?  Upgrades Made Easy(er)