7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2016 1:00 AM by yogesh.r

oaspi call  returns  the error code 500 ?

yogesh.r

"internalError: Unable to decrypt token with the current encryption key. The user will need to reset their credentials."

osapi.jive.connects.get({

alias: 'testConnector',

headers: {

'Accept': ['application/json']

},

href: '/api/test/testGetCustomer' + '/' + Id

}).execute(function (response) {

if (response.error) {

}

I'm getting the error code 500: with "

internalError: Unable to decrypt token with the current encryption key. The user will need to reset their credentials."

"

please help on this..

• Re: oaspi call  returns  the error code 500 ?

Have you checked your jive connects configuration for your "testConnector" alias?

shipra

Pawan Shah Aron Racho

Hi,

Since I know you people have worked in jive app space I am tagging for this post as we need some immediate resolution.

For few users we the osapi.jive.connects.get throws the following error:

I'm getting the error code 500: with "

internalError: Unable to decrypt token with the current encryption key. The user will need to reset their credentials."

The same code works fine in our production instance.

Can the issue be related to resetting of encryption keys?

If you have faced a similare issue please let us know.

Thanks!

Shipra

l9rezn

Rashed Talukder, Ryan Rutan,

Can you help?  We already had JIVE Reset the Encryption Key but that hasn't fixed the issue we are having.

1.  Users that have already been configured for the app -> app doesn't work

2.  Users that have not been configured in the app before -> app works

3.  Users that are new -> app works

There's an issue with users that have already configured the app and we are getting the "internalError: Unable to decrypt token with the current encryption key. The user will need to reset their credentials.” internalError: Unable to decrypt token with the current encryption key. The user will need to reset their credentials.”

We already tried creating a new app and it still doesn't work for those users.  Since we can't "remove" the app service - what do you suggest we do?

Thanks!

Lea

Ryan Rutan

Lea,

Do you know what event started the problem?  That would be my first question.

If you are using Jive Connects, it sounds like data that was stored in the vault was encrypted using a different key … and unless you have that key handy getting access back will not be likely.  Given that you already have new users who are using the app fine with a new key means that you have a fractured user-base where only one grouping can be successful moving forward as-is.

Either way, I would recommend filing a ticket with support (and you are referencing Jive Connects) I would recommend purging all the rows for your app that were created (past and present) … And letting users re-authorize with the new keys in place.

If I’ve misread the situation, then please let me know … but it sounds like an encryption key was lost or changed (something that should never happen) and the system is having a hard time reconciling old vs. new content.

I’d start with Jive Support on the root cause of the issue and maintenance to purge records from the database for the app.

Hope that helps,

RR

yogesh.r

Pawan Shah

The apps was working fine for all the user. After the SAML and SSO implementation, few existing users REST API  calls return the  error code 500 with description "internalError: Unable to decrypt token with the current encryption key. The user will need to reset their credentials."

we are consuming the REST API with basic authentication as below

https://xxxxxxxxx.com/api/core/v3/people/20532

{Authorization: Basic xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (encoded user login username and credentials)

Accept: application/json

}

Please  can u help on this?