9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2016 10:56 AM by umillm6

Do you share your metrics with your community members?

kat_carter

I currently compile a monthly dashboard of reports taken from the CMR for my community stakeholders and advocates, but I don't share this information with my members. For my members I only compile community success stories using a # tag and a group.

I'd be really interested to hear if you share a wider set of community metrics with your members and if so what do you include and how much detail do you go into. I'd also be interested to know what format you've found it best to use in order to share this data - eg an uploaded spread sheet, setting up a group....?

Internal Communities

• Re: Do you share your metrics with your community members?
          lorilea

I'm so glad you asked this question! I've been looking to explore this too and I'm eager to hear what others have to say.

AmandaS

Hi - We have a widget that shows  ongoing growth counts (members, each content type, comments, places).  We put this in our Help area for anyone to see.  That is really the only ongoing measurement we display to everyone.  More metrics are gathered quarterly and rolled up to management.  We have called out certain milestones to the entire community and I think that's a good thing to do.  I think when the numbers are there all the time people don't necessarily pay that much attention to them.  If you hit your first 1,000 videos or grow membership x% in a month/quarter/year, I think it's good to celebrate that with the entire community.

1 person found this helpful
                jamie.battin

Hi Amanda,

You mentioned you have a widget that shows activity.  Did you build that or is it part of base?  If part of base can you point me to the name of it as i don't seem to find a widget like that in our instance.

Thanks,

Jamie

AmandaS

Hi - it's something we created just for this purpose.  Maybe there should be a Jive idea for it!  ;P

From: Jamie Battin <communities-no-reply@jivesoftware.com>

To: Amanda Shenon <ashenon@yahoo.com>

Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2016 1:38 PM

Subject:  New message: "Do you share your metrics with your community members?"

#yiv1117196736 * #yiv1117196736 a #yiv1117196736 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv1117196736 #yiv1117196736 h1, #yiv1117196736 h2, #yiv1117196736 h3, #yiv1117196736 h4, #yiv1117196736 h5, #yiv1117196736 h6, #yiv1117196736 p, #yiv1117196736 hr {}#yiv1117196736 .yiv1117196736button td {}

|

Jive Community 

created by Jamie Battin in Jive Analytics User Group - View the full discussionHi Amanda, You mentioned you have a widget that shows activity.  Did you build that or is it part of base?  If part of base can you point me to the name of it as i don't seem to find a widget like that in our instance. Thanks,Jamie Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Jive Community Start a new discussion in Jive Analytics User Group by email or at Jive CommunityTo stop emails: Log-in to the Jive Community > Select OFF / Never for all options on your email preferences > Click SAVE at the bottom of the screen. Change your Email Preferences now.

Jive Community Terms and Conditions

|

Caton Guilbault

We host all of our standard reports in a space where stakeholders have access so we can measure who uses what data.  This helps us decide direction/prioritization for our analysts over time.

Report Views.PNG

We also grant all space owners access to CMR for their space and coach them how to leverage the tool. All content creators also get access to Impact Metrics so they can review viewership trends for the stuff they own. We encourage folks to share key milestones with their users and we usually do a global EoY summary for leadership.  Pieces of that summary get shared broadly but only at a very high level for the normal user.  

AmandaS

Hi - I should note that we do the same thing with regard to CMR and Impact Metrics. 

From: Caton Guilbault <communities-no-reply@jivesoftware.com>

To: Amanda Shenon <ashenon@yahoo.com>

Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2016 2:56 PM

Subject:  New message: "Do you share your metrics with your community members?"

#yiv5873549102 * #yiv5873549102 a #yiv5873549102 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv5873549102 #yiv5873549102 h1, #yiv5873549102 h2, #yiv5873549102 h3, #yiv5873549102 h4, #yiv5873549102 h5, #yiv5873549102 h6, #yiv5873549102 p, #yiv5873549102 hr {}#yiv5873549102 .yiv5873549102button td {}

|

Jive Community 

created by Caton Guilbault in Jive Analytics User Group - View the full discussionWe host all of our standard reports in a space where stakeholders have access so we can measure who uses what data.  This helps us decide direction/prioritization for our analysts over time.  https://community.jivesoftware.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-1571958-1340908/Report+Views.PNG  We also grant all space owners access to CMR for their space and coach them how to leverage the tool. All content creators also get access to Impact Metrics so they can review viewership trends for the stuff they own. We encourage folks to share key milestones with their users and we usually do a global EoY summary for leadership.  Pieces of that summary get shared broadly but only at a very high level for the normal user.    Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Jive Community Start a new discussion in Jive Analytics User Group by email or at Jive CommunityTo stop emails: Log-in to the Jive Community > Select OFF / Never for all options on your email preferences > Click SAVE at the bottom of the screen. Change your Email Preferences now.

Jive Community Terms and Conditions

|

Stephanie Standring

Yes, we post monthly reporting in our support community for all users and leaders to see/review. To break down what our monthly report includes:

Usage, Adoption, Engagement metrics

• We include the figures for Active (Lurking), Participating, and Contributing users. We also report if this is in line with what we expected, and if it has changed what is attributing to that change.
                      • We display a graph of the user-to-user interactions.
                      • Usage fact - I just started doing this to see how much people are paying attention to the report, and if they would comment on it. I include facts like how many people are using the IE browser vs Chrome, or how many status updates we have in our community vs other pieces of content.

Impact

• I report our Top 5 users and our Top 5 most active places
                      • Newly Launched spaces - we have spaces rolling out every month so to give them the spotlight I add them to our monthly reporting.
                      • Recent Success stories. These include testimonies from our users about how much the community has helped them, as well as our own successes (integrations, new programs, completed goals).

Value

• I report on our Questions and the percent increase/decrease, as well as how many have been answered and marked helpful.
                      • I also report on Search metrics here. What are people searching for and how many searches are happening.

Site Performance

• Outages
                      • Load times

What's Next

• We like to give a preview to our users as to what they can expect to come in the next month or two.
                        patohagan

Hi,

I do. I also go through them and show where we pushed a certain campaign and what the metrics mean over all. In the company I'm at at the moment, this is fine (they're going up,) but in a previous role when i was doing this the metrics weren't flattering so i was questioned from exec stakeholders whether this was the right thing to do. I argued that failure should also be reported, so that we can all share in the complete journey of a new system.

One thing that is often asked about these metrics is 'how does we stand against other companies?' And that is something that I'd like to explore more within the community here.

I see that it happens at Jiveworld - Metric swapping at Jive World

Is there anyone that'd like to meet up digitally? Or in London?

Paddy

umillm6

Hello! We do a little of both.

1. We have a dashboard that we update with the previous month's engagement numbers. We break down the numbers by Line of Business and get a percentage to compare apples to apples, as some LOBs have a lot more people in them than others. We also track top contributors by Line of Business. We track top countries, top places, top pieces of content, top blogs, total pieces of content, and our gamification badges earned. We do not share this dashboard with the entire community, but with certain key stakeholders like employee comms.

2. For the entire community, we post screenshots directly from the Community Manager Reports for the last 90 days. We show the top places, the top users, and the content and questions data for that 90-day period. We update these screenshots once a month.