3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2016 7:52 AM by jesse.fuller

Is there a way to add fields or text to the "Create" screen?

Alex Nassi

Using the cloud version of Jive-X, are there any options to modify the "Create Discussion" screen?

My community is primarily focused on peer-based technical help, but often, users will not put what version of our software they are using. This means that a reply will work for Version X, but not for Version Y. I would like to add a text blurb on the create screen to request that users "include the following information" on a post. Alternately (preferred, but less likely), I would like to have a series of dropdown menus where a user can select specifics of their version.

In the context of Jive, this would look something like suggesting a user puts if theyre using Jive-X or Jive-N, self-hosted or cloud, which version, etc.

The only workarounds I have so far are to add categories for these options or simply reply to these posts asking those kinds of questions (what version, how are you hosted, etc).

I have not come across this in the Ideas space, but can post there too if no one has any out of the box suggestions.

Thank you!
      Alex

cc: Kerry Craig, Amara Mastronardi