4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2016 10:07 AM by lestrada412

Jive Anywhere installation Issues

lestrada412

I was about to get Jive anywhere to install on Google Chrome, But I cannot get it to install in IE or Firefox. Any Tips?

I keep getting the following error:

• Re: Jive Anywhere installation Issues

Hi Lisa,

Reviewing through your description, I have seen this type of error (Microsoft installer error 1722) previously when a user did not have admin permissions for their machine (Error 1722 - Jive for Office ).

As a next step I would suggest the following:

When installing the add-on choose the "only for me" option or try selecting the option to install as an administrator when executing the file.

If you still encounter the error, for clarification, is this issue limited to machines managed by your IT team, or are you able to replicate it on your home machine as well?

Thanks!

lestrada412

So I thought it was my Admin rights, but my IT team could not install it on my laptop either. Also when I did Jive office it does give me to option to do Only Me and Jive Office works great, but Jive anywhere does not give me that option. Also, I was able to install it on my laptop in Google Chrome by looking for the addon through the webstore. I could not install it using the Jive anywhere Exe in our system and it does not work for IE or Firefox.

Hi Lisa,

Sorry to hear that. As a next step can you try using the Jive Anywhere installation file located in the Jive Anywhere for Firefox - signed version blogpost to see if this installs correctly in FireFox.

If not, and to investigate the IE behavior, I would suggest submitting a case in your secret customer group here in the Jive Community where the next available support engineer can assist in further investigations. When you open the case, if you could please include the following it should assist in their investigation.

1. Does this same behavior occur on a machine not managed by your IT team (you home machine for example)

2. Are other users at your same location seeing a similar behavior or is it installing in IE/FF?

Thanks!

1 person found this helpful