3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2016 8:06 AM by jesse.fuller

Community Manager Report Access and Analytics

joel.palermo

Hi there,

I'm trying to set a few of our company's team members up with community manager access to view community manager reports and community analytics only, but the only override options present in the admin console that allow for viewing of these reports seem to be "Manage System" and "Manage Community". Is there a way to set permissions for our team members so that they can't access the admin console, but can still view community manager reports and analytics?

Screen Shot 2016-01-19 at 4.35.14 PM.png

Also, is there a way to access the dates for everyone's last log-in within the community analytics or reports? It seems like our reports are set up a bit strange right now in terms of the data we can view. I'm wondering if I'm just not looking in the correct place.

-Joel

• Re: Community Manager Report Access and Analytics

Hi Joel,

Is there a way to set permissions for our team members so that they can't access the admin console, but can still view community manager reports and analytics?

This will depend on which reports you are wanting your users to have access to. For more information on the various reports each permission level grants a user I think you will find the chart in Analytics - Permissions Overview helpful.

Also, is there a way to access the dates for everyone's last log-in within the community analytics or reports?

For this, the "Profile Completion" report will provide this type of information in the csv download, when running it as either a "Community Manager" or "Full Access" user (Analytics - Profile Completion (Global Report) ).

Screen Shot 2016-01-20 at 10.25.03 AM.png

Thanks!

1 person found this helpful
              joel.palermo

Thanks, Jesse!

I've figured out the permissions for our team members, but when I downloaded the csv file for profile completion there wasn't anything in the report about when a user's last login date was. Is there another place I should be looking? These are the only fields that the downloaded csv report contains:

Screen Shot 2016-01-21 at 3.12.20 PM.png

I downloaded the user adoption csv report and it seems to be the closest thing we'll get to tracking log-in data for our users. I think it will be sufficient for what we need though. Thank you for your help.

-Joel

Hi Joel,

when I downloaded the csv file for profile completion there wasn't anything in the report about when a user's last login date was. Is there another place I should be looking?

This report will vary depending on the permission of the user running it. However, a slight correction to my last comment:

For this, the "Profile Completion" report will provide this type of information in the csv download, when running it as either a "Community Manager" or "Full Access" user

This will only appear when running it as a "Full access" user. If you do not currently have access to a "full access" user in your instance please submit a case in your secret customer group here in the Jive Community and the next available support engineer can assist in working with you and your community manager to get an account provisioned.

Thanks!