10 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2017 8:52 PM by gsamuels

Blog HTML Tile

england_k

Hey all - hoping someone might be able to help.

Has anyone created some code for pulling blogs from other parts of the community into a place? I want to use Activity + Pages but there isn't much flex with the blog tile. I want to bring in an executives blog to the place so figured there must be a work around using html - any ideas? Has anyone managed this?

Thanks

• Re: Blog HTML Tile
          tburak

Hi Kim - does this mean there is no more View Blogs in tiles?

kim.nelson

If you are looking to pull in content from multiple executives, you can tag the content with something like "executive blogs" and then use the super list tile to pull anything with that tag. You can filter all content by blogs and tag to get your dynamic list.  Unfortunately, I hear you about the inability to control how many posts. I do wish we could control that number. If it is just one executive, navigate to his/her profile, select blogs to get the content you are looking for to use in the super list tile (although I previously ran into a bug with that one but hope it gets fixed in 2016.1).

1 person found this helpful
                england_k

Great suggestion Kim - but we've also run into that blog. What i'm also missing is the ability to show the blog in its entirety rather than just a list. What i'd like is the equivalent of the view a document. Blog get so much more visual in the next upgrade in 2016.1 so i'd really like to be able to show that off at a place level.

1 person found this helpful
                    Helen Chen

Interesting point, there is that concept with calendar events: You can get a list or display a single one.  It would be a good add, especially with the control on how many to display.   Did anyone post this to ideas? 

Sharan Dosanjh

We're also looking for a solution to this at PwC. As we educate group owners about the Tile options, we've had queries about how they can surface Leadership Blogs like the widget option.

Teams are educating leaders to post Blogs but if there isn't an option to surface that nicely on +Pages, what's the best workaround?

tmaurer

I want to know this as well, or if there are updates to the blog tile coming. We're migrating end of October.

gsamuels

Maria Pranjic - can anyone from Jive answer this one above? I believe it's actually what's prevented us from moving from widgets to Tiles (because Tiles are actually more limited)