4 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2016 5:46 AM by doyledo

Looking for feedback on using Jive for events

Hello Jive Community members! I do market research at Jive. Thank you for those who have been part of the jive-n and x 2016.1 webinars. As you might have heard and seen in the sneak peak posts https://community.jivesoftware.com/docs/DOC-183729 , we have heard your asks and revamped most of our content types, with events going through a major redesign and new functionality around color coded events, event browse and filter categories. In 2016.2 we will extend further by adding recurring events. In addition, we are also looking to enhance the capabilities for specific event types whether it be webinars or user conferences. We would love to get a better understanding of how you would use the events module for your events as we build out the functionality. Here are few questions and we would love to get your responses!

Please answer any of the questions in the comments section below.

• Do you use the Events module in jive-x?
      • What type of events do you (marketing team) primarily host?

Webinars:

• Which technologies do you currently use for webinars?
      • What are your biggest challenges when organizing and conducting webinars?
      • How would you use Jive for an upcoming webinar?
      • Which features would you expect to see in Jive in order to use it for webinars?

In-person events and conferences:

• Which technologies do you currently use for conferences and events?
      • What are your biggest challenges when organizing and conducting in-person events?
      • How would you use Jive for an upcoming user event/conference?
      • Which features would you expect to see in Jive in order to use it for events/conferences?
        • Re: Looking for feedback on using Jive for events
          Jill Ross

Hi Priya,

I have some responses for you below. I manage the external community at Hitachi Data Systems.

• Do you use the Events module in jive-x?
            • No. We are currently on hosted Jive 7, but are planning to move to Jive-x cloud this year.
          • What type of events do you (marketing team) primarily host?
            • Tradeshows (this includes private dinners/receptions during large events), regional field events (both open and by invitation only), webinars, annual user conference (like JiveWorld).

Webinars:

• Which technologies do you currently use for webinars?
            • BrightTALK, WebEx
          • What are your biggest challenges when organizing and conducting webinars?
            • Not sure; I don't run this program for our company. From a community perspective, we're always looking at ways to convert webinar attendees to community members, and encourage members who attend webinars to continue the conversation on the community.
          • How would you use Jive for an upcoming webinar?
            • Pre-event: Sneak preview blog from the presenters. Ask the audience what they want to hear about, share a slide or two from the presentation.
            • If you could register for a webinar with existing Jive community credentials (in Jive), that would be huge. Even better if this also hooks into your CRM and Marketing Automation platform (Marketo/Salesforce, for example).
            • Post-event: Direct attendees to the community for any follow-up questions for the presenters. Also host presentation slides and recording.
          • Which features would you expect to see in Jive in order to use it for webinars?
            • Integration points along these platforms: Jive, Meeting Service (WebEx or GoToMeeting), Marketo (and Salesforce).
            • Perhaps allow webinar attendees to interact with each other using their community profile -- not sure about this if attendees want to be anonymous, or if the business would want to keep registered attendees private from the public.
            • Analytics -- not sure what data points yet, but this always seems to be a big miss with Jive.

In-person events and conferences:

• Which technologies do you currently use for conferences and events?
            • Unknown
          • What are your biggest challenges when organizing and conducting in-person events?
            • We would like to be able to allow for easy registration for our Jive Community as an onsite incentive/promotion/giveaway, but when there are a ton of attendees swarming you for a t-shirt, it's just too difficult. We really need an easier way to register people on our community while they're on-the-go. I'm thinking QR codes, text to join, or something along those lines. It has to be feasible from a mobile device.
          • How would you use Jive for an upcoming user event/conference?
            • We usually post Documents that serve as landing pages for upcoming events -- lots of images, and all pertinent details surrounding our involvement at the event. The Document URL is then promoted via social channels using the event hashtag.
          • Which features would you expect to see in Jive in order to use it for events/conferences?
            • See response in "biggest challenges" section above.
          2 people found this helpful
            tburak

Hi Priya - our use of technologies vary by country, but re the Events module, what we would like to see is -

- Reoccuring Events (I hear this is on the way?)  Reoccurring as an option in the Events tab

- Ability to have in-person, vs webex min / max numbers

- Ability to filter events (I hear this is on the way?)

- Colour coding (I hear this is on its way?)

- Ability for Event organiser to set the time zone (not have it dependent on the user's time zone)

- Ability to change the time setting to non-US - ie dd / mm / yy

- Ability to download all user attributes - especially email (the only field you can't actually download...)

Thanks

Tanya

1 person found this helpful
              thadams

We are using on prem 8.0.3.  We would really like to see the following:

1.  RSS feed for upcoming events

2.  Browse Events to have a sort by event date (not create, modify, but event date)

3.  A widget that can be used on the Home (overview) page of the main site that shows an event calendar

4.  Recurring events

Is the color coding available in the on prem version?

doyledo

Hi there,

I support many of the requirements mentioned above- I would add that it would be great have a calendar display option that would allow the display of only certain types of events.

We have 1000s of events in sub-spaces but we only want to display the corporate ones at a higher level.

This could be done via filter(s) or tag(s) or both.

Thanks,

Dominic

We are on on-prem 7.03 about to jump to 8.03

emilianobruno Peter Chloupek panikal