2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2016 8:59 AM by cwalton@lirs.org

Native Jive Documents to External Storage

cwalton@lirs.org

Hello,

My Organization is planning to integrate Box as an external storage option where we will archive documents. I've noticed that when you enable your external file storage option for a particular space,  all documents uploaded from files to the selected space are successfully stored in your external storage space. However, documents created within Jive are not also stored in external storage. I do not see an option to have native Jive documents moved to external storage. Is this possible? Right now, it seems as though you have to save a PDF of a native Jive document, save it to your local drive and then re-upload to Box.

-Chris

• Re: Native Jive Documents to External Storage

Hi Chris,

Reviewing through your description, I can confirm that that is not an option in the OOTB product as only uploaded documents will be stored in your external storage provider, whereas native Jive documents will be stored in your Jive instance.

If you are interested in the ability to have all document content (native Jive and uploaded) stored in an external storage provider this would require a customization to your instance. If you are interested in customizing your instance our Professional Service's team can assist in scoping out the project and help in developing a custom solution for your instance. If you are interested in this option please submit a case in your customer group here in the Jive Community and the next available support engineer can get an engagement started for you.

Additionally, if you would like to see this type of feature in a future release of the platform, I would recommend creating an idea in the Ideas for Jive space where our Product managers review top rated ideas when considering features for future releases.

Thanks!

1 person found this helpful