6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2016 7:00 AM by emmacbrooke

Image Storage Location?

joseph.lorino@global-prairie.com

Where are images stored that are uploaded when a users posts a status update in a Group?  I don't see them in the Content section of the Group.

• Re: Image Storage Location?

Hi Joseph,

I understand you're looking to find images inserted into status updates in a social group.  I've reviewed this and see that the image will only display (preview) while viewing the status update directly or when viewing the status update in certain widgets, such as the Recent Activity widget. Unfortunately, I don't see a way to see the image preview while viewing the Contents page in thumbnail mode.  If this is an important feature, I'd recommend submitting a feature request to the Ideas for Jive space to help capture the use case for our Products Team.

I hope this was helpful. Let me know if you had any other questions on this.

Regards,

Jeph Yang

My question is where are the images stored?  We are trying to collect images stored in status updates in a group.  We use box.com for our storage and the site is linked in the group.  Are these images stored in box?  if not, where are the images stored?

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the clarification. For status updates, the image is stored in Jive and associated with the status update. There's no out of box way to aggregate and download/extract these images.

It is possible to extract the images using Jive REST API v3.13 → Update entity, as outlined under "contentImages".  Approaching this with REST API will require some development work to make it usable for your application, so I would encourage posting any questions to the Jive Developers space for guidance. Unfortunately, development is outside the scope of Jive Customer Support.

Let me know if you had any other questions on this.

Regards,

Jeph Yang

What is the best way for us to accomplish this using Jive or is it just not possible?

Hi Joseph,

As mentioned in my earlier post, this is not possible out of the box. To use the REST API option, you'll need to develop an application to utilize the API for extraction of the image, since it's serving from Jive and not stored in Box.

Let me know if you had any other questions.

Regards,

Jeph Yang

emmacbrooke

Hi Jeph,

I work with Joe Lorino and we are working together to find an solution to our question. Our objective is to find a way for1) our colleagues are able to post both images and descriptions in one post and 2) to have the images posted save to Box via Box integration.

From what you said previously, it appears a Status Update cannot serve this purpose, as the files are stored only in Jive, but not on Box.

I investigated an alternative solution, which is having our colleagues instead choose to "Upload Files" (instead of a Status Update) to a Group by selecting their desired images and adding a description. This option works well because the files then save to Box via Box Integration. However, the issue I encountered with this solution is that when you upload more than 1 file, the "Description" field disappears. Is there a way to get the "Description" field to stay available/visible for more than 1 image when you're doing a file upload to a group?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Emma