2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2016 1:43 AM by apalma

Why is the Get Started enabled option on the User Profile Preference not available?

apalma

We have couple of domains that company is using for a client but in the other domain the option below is available, the other option is not?  Another thing, is there a way to control this globally? For example, turn off or on globally.

• Re: Why is the Get Started enabled option on the User Profile Preference not available?

Hi Anne,

From your description, it is my understanding that you are working with multiple Jive instances, so it's possible this contributes to the difference in behavior. That being said, depending on the version of Jive your instance is running, this functionality can be controlled via the following system property at a global level - onboarding.enabled

However, if you are seeing this property set the same in both of your instances, while the front end UI option is different, please submit a case in your customer secret group as a next step, so that the next available support engineer can review through both instance's settings.

Thanks!

• Re: Why is the Get Started enabled option on the User Profile Preference not available?
              apalma

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for your reply.  Where do I exactly find the system property?  I can't seem to find it in the Jive Admin Console on both Jive instances.  Though in the other Jive instance, I can see the Get Started Enabled feature under the User Profile Preferences as motioned on my previous post.

Another question, how will I know the version of a Jive instance?  Is it the number that appear on the upper right corner of the Jive Admin Console?  If so, they appeared to be the same on both of our Jive instances.