2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2016 6:00 AM by cwalton@lirs.org

File Upload Clarification

cwalton@lirs.org

Hi,

I am hoping someone can answer a few questions I have in regards to file upload. I have researched other documents but am not sure if the information is accurate or pertains to my particular instance.

1. Is the max number of files that you may upload at once 50? If so, is this possible without a bulk management tool?

2. Is the max file size for uploaded and attached files still 50MB by default with the option to increase to 100MB?

3. Is max video size 1GB?

4. What is the maximum storage limit for all files (native and uploaded) within the jive instance?

Clarification of these questions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your assistance!

-Chris

• Re: File Upload Clarification

Hi Chris,

Thanks for raising these questions. Please my responses below:

1. Is the max number of files that you may upload at once 50? If so, is this possible without a bulk management tool?

If you're referring to the "Upload files" drag and drop interface, then you're correct. This is limited to 50 files and cannot be increased at this time, unfortunately.

2. Is the max file size for uploaded and attached files still 50MB by default with the option to increase to 100MB?

Yes, that is correct. The default is 50 MB, but for Jive Cloud, you may request to have this bumped to 100 MB by submitting a support case.

3. Is max video size 1GB?

There are no hard limits, but files larger than 1 GB may encounter transcoding issues, timeouts, or other performance issues.  If you encounter any specific issues, please submit a support case to investigate this.

4. What is the maximum storage limit for all files (native and uploaded) within the jive instance?

This will depend on your specific licensing arrangements and configuration. However, I'm not aware of any no hard limits in place for total storage limit. I would recommend a support case to help look into your specifics.

I hope this helps.  Let me know if you had any remaining questions.

Regards,

Jeph Yang

2 people found this helpful