2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2016 3:19 PM by selin.korustan

How to only have the Overview page show up as Group top page, not Activity

sharakarasic

In one of our social groups, we chose the template for Overview + Activity. We would like the overview page to show up everywhere as the homepage. However, upon a site search, the Activity page surfaces, which really confuses our users and is a bad user experience.

Is there a way to hide the Activity page and only surface the Overview page everywhere the group is linked to?

Thanks,

Shara

• Re: How to only have the Overview page show up as Group top page, not Activity
          Billy Volpone

Hi Shara, I might need some clarification, but I believe I understand what you're asking. If you are creating a group, and select "overview+activity", you will still need to then set those drag and drop widgets for the overview page to be the preferred landing interface, otherwise it defaults to general activity. Have you set a selection of widgets yet?

• Re: How to only have the Overview page show up as Group top page, not Activity
            selin.korustan

Hi Shara,

Can you post a screenshot of how the activity page is surfacing in the search experience? Whatever is set to be the default, in this case the overview page, is what should be displaying in search result. If you're seeing two results, for example "HR- overview" and "HR-Activity" then that should be filed as a case with support (I recall seeing something like this). The activity tab should be secondary and only something users and on if they click the activity tab or you provide the link in a button. Either way, go ahead and post a screenshot and Billy and I can recommend how to proceed. Thanks!

1 person found this helpful