2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2016 1:32 PM by john.decker

Broken links

simonwong

Hi,

We've been having a lot of users come back with unauthorized access to many pages having clicked on images which should take them to specific category pages. I have tried accessing these pages as the administrator and it states the administration account is unauthorized. However, I can access the categories by clicking on content and then going to the separate categories on the left side of the page.

Other users have also had the same problem and we can note that this is the case for both HTML and Formatted Text linked images.

I have attached a couple of images below from a user who had this problem.

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

Could you please confirm whether there is a problem with image linking on Jive and how this can be fixed?

Thanks,

Simon

• Re: Broken links
          Alex Nassi

My issue is similar to this, but, for my users, the Unauthorized page is reached when selecting the category from an Overview page's widget (giving the URL: ".../community/end-user/content?filterID=contentstatus%5Bpublished%5D~category%5BAccount%2B%2526%2BContact%2BManagement%5D". However, when accessing the same category from the Activity page's tile or from the content page itself, the URL is ".../community/end-user/content?filterID=contentstatus%5Bpublished%5D~category%5Baccount-contact-management%5D"

• Re: Broken links

HI Simon,

I see that you created a case in your private support group but I wanted to follow up here for others with the same question. It was discovered in your case that you are running into the bug JIVE-67732

JIVE-67732 - An encoding change causes existing links to break when the URL contains an encoded space. This issue is prone to break links to content that is filtered by category, and can result in unexpected "Access to this place or content is restricted" messages

This will be fixed as part of the maintenance release on March 4th.

I also wanted to provide a list ofKnown & Fixed Issues in Jive-n and Jive-x Current Release (2016.3)

Hope this helps.