4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2016 8:31 AM by Toby Metcalf

Unauthorized error

david.bynum@sierranevada.com

Pages that should be viewable by all staff in Sierra Nevada Brewing Company are showing as:

Unauthorized

Access to this place or content is restricted. If you think this is a mistake, please contact your administrator or the person who directed you here.

Multiple staff report the same issue and the error is reproducible.

Thanks,
      David Bynum

david.bynum@sierranevada.com

• Re: Unauthorized error

Hi David,

I'm sorry to hear about the unauthorized error message. This is most likely a permission configuration issue. For a space, please verify that the users have been assigned appropriate permissions via the Jive Admin Console under Permissions > Space Permissions. For private or secret social groups, please verify that the users are existing members of the group.

Beyond this, I would recommend submitting a support case within your Jive Community customer group for targeted troubleshooting, as permission issues are complex and will require a closer analysis. If you're not familiar with the case submission process, please work with your community manager to identify your internal process for your organization.

Regards,

Jeph Yang

• Re: Unauthorized error
              Toby Metcalf

Hi Jeph,

I have been sent a link to a doc from a community member, I am the site Admin and getting the error David mentioned.

As an admin, could this be due to the content being removed?

Please let me know if I should open a formal case and I can supply the actual link.

Thank you,

Toby