2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2016 10:20 PM by rajeshwaran_g

Question on restricting permissions to Jive Forms

rajeshwaran_g

Hello,

While i understand that there are options to restrict permissions to the Form App as a whole, I would like to know if there are options to restrict permissions at the following levelsL

i) While i would want all my registered users to access the Form app, can i restrict creation of new form to only a set of users

ii) Once new form templates are created, is there a way to restrict the usage of the templates to only a set of users ( through permission groups ).

iii) Once a new form has been created, how can i ask my users to use to particular template. Should i educate my users to go and select the appropriate form from the category or is there a simpler way such as sharing a URL

Thanks

• Re: Question on restricting permissions to Jive Forms

Hi Rajeshwaran, I can try answering your questions:

i) While i would want all my registered users to access the Form app, can i restrict creation of new form to only a set of users

There is no such restrictions in the current implementation. Its definitely a useful feature to consider.

ii) Once new form templates are created, is there a way to restrict the usage of the templates to only a set of users ( through permission groups ).

Currently the restriction works based on where the form template (JSON payload) document is posted. If that document is posted in a group that user doesn't have access to, then they user won't be able to view the corresponding form.

iii) Once a new form has been created, how can i ask my users to use to particular template. Should i educate my users to go and select the appropriate form from the category or is there a simpler way such as sharing a URL

You can create direct URL to a form. The instructions are at Forms App:  Linking to a Specific Template or Place