3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2016 8:43 AM by Ryan Rutan

Tag clean up

jparbhoo

Hi,

Could you confirm if it is possible to do a tag clean up in our community?

We ideally want to remove the _ from all tags before we move over to the cloud.

Just want to check if this is possible first.

I did raise a case here https://community.jivesoftware.com/casethread/407768#comment-2934791

Thank you

Jiten

• Re: Tag clean up
          Ryan Rutan

I've done something similar in the past, but it might be a bit more complicated these days given all the extra systems.   Unfortunately, the APIs are not going to give you an efficient route to update this information given the nature of your request.

If it were me (and this is something I would test a few times to gauge success):

Only gotchas will be references in documents like developer documentation this one where there will be a reference to the tag id in content...which would require you to go through the various content-type tables to search for references...which will be cumbersome. =\

hope this helps, but again...please work with your support team closely on this ... as some of these steps may have support implications depending on your support agreement.

good luck,