I have an ambitious agenda for 2016 and I need to contract help to get it all done.
If you're interested in a job working in Sunnyvale to help transform HR communications/collaboration, please contact me ASAP at email@example.com
Online Communications Manager
Sunnyvale, CA (required to work on-site)
Are you ready to be part of a cultural transformation? Do you want to help people feel valued, do their best work and fulfill their career dreams at Yahoo? As part of our People Solutions team, you will get that chance! We are looking for an Online Communications Manager who will drive initiatives related to our online internal communications, which includes all of our Jive sites and online tools, all of which will contribute to making Yahoo the best place to work. We are working on major initiatives to transform the way we communicate with Yahoos – seeking to provide them with ease of access to the information, resources and tools they need to do their jobs. This person will be responsible for project managing our efforts to conduct a top to bottom review of our content on our Jive collaboration platform, working with key stakeholders and content owners to modify, edit and reduce their content, maintaining our critical calendars and ensuring our mobile capabilities.
- Project management of all major projects related to our online presence which will include the Working @ Yahoo, Manager Central, Benefits, Yahoo University, People Team Portal and other Jive sites.
- Assist with community management - Create a process for tracking content updates, training content owners and ensuring a regular audit of our sites for accuracy, ease of use and relevancy
- Maintain all calendars to ensure they are up-to-date with latest activity across the People Team that is important for Yahoos to know
- Work closely with Internal Communications team (PR) and IT team to drive consistency of experience, maintenance of all sites
- Conduct surveys and focus groups with Yahoos and the People Team in order to ensure we are offering the best, simplest solutions to our people
- Work in close partnership with Global HR leaders and business unit leaders and partners to develop impactful solutions
- Collaborate closely with globally dispersed, cross functional partners and wide variety of internal clients.
- Write communications such as articles, emails, newsletters, blogs, and marketing pieces
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience communicating concisely to audiences (Internal Communications, Marketing or HR Communications experiences would be best fit)
- Minimum 6 months experience with Jive; at least 1 or more years a big plus
- Previous experience with internal community management a plus
- Strong project management experience, especially with multiple stakeholders and tight deadlines
- Ability to thrive in high change, ambiguous organizational environments; pivots quickly, thinks creatively and pragmatically
- Skilled at building trusting relationships that enable candidate to successfully influence both supporters and resistors. Open to new ideas and strong collaborator
- A systems thinker with solid integration skills
- Skilled at conducting needs assessments and focus groups and working with leaders to develop practical solutions
- Ability to influence and collaborate with multiple constituents across job levels, regions and cultures
- Previous experience in supporting adoption of social collaboration efforts
- Ability to code in HTML a plus
- Previous experience with HR Systems in a highly dynamic, fast-paced growth environment
- Experienced track record of applying data-driven insights to solving complex problems
Yahoo! is focused on making the world's daily habits more inspiring and entertaining. By creating highly personalized experiences for our users, we keep people connected to what matters most to them, across devices and around the globe. In turn, we create value for advertisers by connecting them with the audiences that build their businesses. Yahoo! is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., and has offices located throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific (APAC) and the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) regions. For more information, visit the pressroom (pressroom.yahoo.net) or the company's blog (yodel.yahoo.com).
Yahoo! Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.