1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 2, 2016 10:48 AM by jesse.fuller

view document widget

jr.cardenas

Hello everybody !
      i´m new in this jive world, and i´m having some problems with the "view document" widget.
      the issue is this:
      i create a new document "My document" , then, i want to display "My document" with the "View document" Widget then, when i edit the widget i try to call to "My document"
      But is not displayed in my available documents.
      seems like the search feature of the "view document" is not working at all, because it only retrieves older documents.
      Any ideas to solve this ?
      Cheers !

• Re: view document widget
          jesse.fuller

Hi Noe,

Reviewing through your description I would expect the document to appear in the widget's configuration page, for example in my local testing:

Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 10.44.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 10.45.00 AM.png

If you are not seeing the document returned this could point to either the content being in a draft status or possibly not being indexed correctly in your search system. If the content is in a draft status, publishing it should allow it to appear in the widget's search results, however if this content is published and is not appearing in the widget's configuration please submit a case in your secret support group here in the Jive Community so that the next available support member can assist in performing additional investigations specific to your instance.

Thanks!