Jive MSSQL JTDS Activity Engine - What am I missing

ryan.behrens@nkch.org

Good Morning,

This is a brand new Jive Installation. Details

Jive Version: Jive_sbs_employee-8.0.2.1

Operating System: RHEL 7.2 x86_64

JTDS Driver  - JTDS-1.3.1

MSSQL Version - 2014

I am able to configure the Core DB connection successfully from the web application server. I installed the JTDS driver into the /usr/local/jive/tomcat/lib directory, and it worked fine, no issues. Now I am attempting to configure the activity engine, and I keep getting the error message

"Activity Engine at jiveactivity01:7020: Unable to find jdbc driver class: net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver"

The JTDS driver has been extracted to the following location on the activity server - /usr/local/jive/dbdriver/

I have ran the following command to add it to the class path.

"jive set webapp.custom_classpath_additions /usr/local/jive/dbdriver/jtds-1.3.1.jar"

The Jive user and group owns the file. I have stopped and restarted the Jive eae process after verifying the locations/classpath.  I have even added classpath/ld_library exports to the Jive users bash

"

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/jive/dbdriver:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

export CLASSPATH=/usr/local/jive/dbdriver/jtds-1.3.1.jar:$CLASSPATH"

Still getting the error, when attempting to connect to the Database server with the activity engine. The Activity engine does not run on the same server as the App/Web Servers. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ryan