2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2016 10:19 AM by Crystal Plant

Is there an intended image render size for photo albums?

Crystal Plant

Why does Jive fit images to width when the resolution width of the original image is less than the available rendered area?  The result is images appear pixelated.

For example, I upload a zip file of images to a photo album.  The compressed image is approx 400 x 600 pixles but when added to a photo album the rendered image in the photo album is larger ( approx. 600 x 800 pixels) and thus appearing blurry.

• Re: Is there an intended image render size for photo albums?

Hi Crystal,

Thanks for raising this question around the image rendering size in the Jive Photo Album plugin.  You are correct that images will be resized upon clicking to fit an optimal width.  Unfortunately, due to JIRA bug JIVE-63028, small photos may be upscaled too much, causing pixelation.  This is noted as addressed in Jive 8.0.3, so in the meantime, I would encourage either uploading only larger images (width of > 600px) or inserted a white border around the image to increase it's width.  Here's an example of a 97px x 59px image:

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 9.31.01 AM.png

When uploaded into the a photo album, it looks like this:

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 9.34.44 AM.png

Now I went and added white boarders to it, making it 600px x 60px:

white_boarder.png

And then re-uploaded it alongside the first:

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 9.34.56 AM.png

So while this may not be ideal, it will provide power users an option to workaround the distortion until you're able to upgrade to Jive 8.0.3+.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this.

Regards,

Jeph Yang